Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Period 2 Weight Training Grade Yourself

The first quarter is in the books and grades have been posted and your grade reflects how well you were able to follow the guidelines I put forth not necessarily how hard you have worked in the class. I have said before, one of the reasons I like fitness and weight training specifically so much is that what you get out of it is directly proportional to what you put into it. Many of you have worked very hard this past quarter and your results are showing that. Some of you have not worked quite as hard. We do not grade on effort in weight training but for this weeks blog I want you to take an honest look at you level of effort int he class for the past quarter and give yourself a grade. I will not post these comments. I just want you to take a moment to reflect on what you are putting into the class and in turn what you are getting out of the class.

The grade scale is as follows:

A - Works hard daily, ready to work out and puts full effort into all activities practices form on lifts and goes after weak areas.
B - Works hard consistently but not everyday, put full effort into what you do but will take days off here and there
C - Have to be reminded to get back to work, have a hard time getting to class on time does not follow class activities, does not practice form on lifts
D - Does not even change for class activities, not a part of the community of the class, does their own thing.
E - Luckily we do not have any of these. I would work hard to get you out of the class if we did.

Let me know what grade you would give yourself and back it up with examples, as well as ways you could improve heading into 2nd quarter.

24 comments:

  1. I might give myself a B, but part of that is because I go to the gym almost everyday after school and sometimes we work the same things in class as I did the night before. Overall I try my hardest in class.

    Cooper Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would give myself a B for the 1st quarter. I try to do the lifts and work hard but there are some times were i let my mind convince me to take it easy. To improve i will put in more work and try to improve every class period by doing everything that im supposed to do.

    -Matt bussard

    ReplyDelete
  3. B - because i try to work every day but i keep getting hurt so i don't lift every day
    - Ralph Bernardo

    ReplyDelete
  4. a
    pouya- i worked hard as i could but i could still push but i did do nothing somedays becuase of my hand

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would give myself a b, i would give myself this because i worked hard but not every day of the quarter. To improve i will give my all everyday so i can improve as much as possible and get stronger.

    -miles green

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would give myself a B because due to my injury i can only do certain lifts but i work hard during those lifts.i expect to be at an A next quarter
    -Stephen Potemken

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would give myself a b, because some days i will work out and then some days i will be a little lazy and not lift. I believe i should improve by putting in as much work as i can each and everyday in order to get stronger and improve.

    Sina Dayanzadeh

    ReplyDelete
  8. B- because i do work hard but not everyday, and really only put full effort in when im interested in the workout. so those are the things i could improve upon

    -josh strauss

    ReplyDelete
  9. John Stoeber

    I would give myself an A- because I worked pretty hard first quarter and I definitely imrpoved on my weak areas. I may have taken some exercises off, but thats because I'm restricted in what I'm allowed to do. Most of the time though, I worked on something else such as flexibility when there was something I couldn't do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would give my self a low A, i did more than 90% of the workout and i do work hard, but there are times when i feel like slacking so, that would deduct my other 5~9%

    --Andrew Yang

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would give myself an A-. I work every day and hard at least 4 times a week. Sometimes, I will slack on Metcons but even then my lower muscular endurance makes it trying on some level. I could still work harder to try to finish the lifts on the days when we do two. Many times I will sacrifice a set or two of each to get them in. However I have improved my numbers and gotten stronger, even if it just in form. I am improving in all areas of lifting which is what the class itself is trying to accomplish.

    -Alec Jasen

    ReplyDelete
  12. i believe i deserve a low A because when i lift i have right form and i always do the workouts but somtimes like once a week when i am very tired i dont put in maximum effort.

    Keivan Ramezani

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd give myself a B because there are some days that I do different lifts than what we are supposed to do. This is mainly on squat and deadlift days (respectively), as I have had injuries pertaining to both in the past and do not want to cause permanent damage.

    I will work harder during the 2nd quarter, but I'd still like to stay away from those two lifts.

    David Oganesyan

    ReplyDelete
  14. A - I come ni to class ready to workout everyday. I try to help others and myself in my weak areas. I JUST WANNA GET BIG !

    - Jason B

    ReplyDelete
  15. i feel i deserve a b in all honesty because i work really hard but sometimes i do not work as hard as i should or i take a day off
    -xavier hill

    ReplyDelete
  16. B-im going to work harder in the weight room

    ReplyDelete
  17. B
    occaniously i would end up slacking which isnt good. so i have to pick up my game for this quarter.
    Charles li

    ReplyDelete
  18. B+ : The only days I dont work very hard are the days where I forget a shirt and dont want to be sweaty, or the days I'm really sore. Other than that I come to class ready to work and put in full effort
    -- Skyler Santomartino

    ReplyDelete
  19. B- I need to shorten my breaks in between sets.

    John Shi

    ReplyDelete
  20. i feel i deserve an a, because for the most part i come in everyday and work hard, and try to get better.

    mehrzad van gieson

    ReplyDelete
  21. B - I go hard most days but there can be a few days where I slack off and don't do anything

    Ethan Gladner

    ReplyDelete