Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Period 8 Weight Training Grade Yourself

The first quarter is in the books and grades have been posted and your grade reflects how well you were able to follow the guidelines I put forth not necessarily how hard you have worked in the class.  I have said before, one of the reasons I like fitness and weight training specifically so much is that what you get out of it is directly proportional to what you put into it.  Many of you have worked very hard this past quarter and your results are showing that.  Some of you have not worked quite as hard.  We do not grade on effort in weight training but for this weeks blog I want you to take an honest look at you level of effort int he class for the past quarter and give yourself a grade.  I will not post these comments.  I just want you to take a moment to reflect on what you are putting into the class and in turn what you are getting out of the class. 

The grade scale is as follows:
A - Works hard daily, ready to work out and puts full effort into all activities practices form on lifts and goes after weak areas.
B - Works hard consistently but not everyday, put full effort into what you do but will take days off here and there
C - Have to be reminded to get back to work, have a hard time getting to class on time does not follow class activities, does not practice form on lifts
D - Does not even change for class activities, not a part of the community of the class, does their own thing.
E - Luckily we do not have any of these.  I would work hard to get you out of the class if we did.

Let me know what grade you would give yourself and back it up with examples, as well as ways you could improve heading into 2nd quarter.

14 comments:

  1. I'd give myself a B. I work hard at most excercises, but I don't always. Sometimes I want a day off frow workouts.

    -Matt Garmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am a B. I have a motivation and drive to work hard, as I am one of the smallest kids on the football team. I do not need to be reminded to get back to work. There are some days when I am tired that, although I do exercise, I do not put all that I can. For example, sometimes I will choose to work with a group of kids that is so large that I cannot finish all of my sets. I should take it upon myself to move to another spot and workout there, and that is what I want to do in this quarter. In this quarter, I want to try to finish every workout and come in ready to work not just consistently but every single day. I did that today, 11/2, when we did push press. I was not able to reach my goal of 95 pounds the first two times around, but I kept coming back until I lifted the weight over my head and it felt great

    Todd Schleicher

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. I would like to think I work hard everyday, I have improved on my push press, back squat and number of pull ups. I come to class dressed and on time and follow directions. I would improve by focusing on my form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would give myself a low A. I say this because i try to work my butt off and sweat hard in metcons. But I dont particularly like going after my weak areas. If you assign the lift for the day, i will do it, no doubt, im not the type to stand around talking and doing nothing. I dont go after my weak areas in my spare time though. Some people tell me I have good form, I feel like i have put effort into that. I have gotten stronger already, i just need to put in a bit more effort in push press. But i dont put all my effort into squats because i think they are repetitive.
    -Eric Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tatum King

    I think I am in the A range :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. C. I need to be reminded to work and i never come on time cause i hang outside with my girlfriend. i usually dont follow the class activities and i dont practice forn on lifts. i usually just do my own thing and don't really follow along. sorry im a bad kid.

    -Daniel Zhang

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would give myself an A, because I always apply myself as hard as i can, posting high times throughout class in all cross-fit, as well as improving my squat form drastically. However, going into quarter 2 i would like to work on my deadlift form and get it down.
    -Raphael Socher

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to say A but i dont think i deserve that. I think i deserve a C and to improve i will start working hard everyday and do what mr kirk says.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would give myself a B.

    Someways i can improve is just to be more motivated in order for me to improve

    -Sean Avjian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jackson Pierce says:

    I would give myself a high B. I try my hardest consistently and everything, but there's always that one day where I bombed an NSL quiz or had to pull an all-nighter and the last thing I feel like doing is trying. Sometimes I struggle with proper squatting form, but at least I always try and I'm improving. I constantly run and lift to the best of my ability. The best advice I could give myself would be to try even harder next quarter, and get that squat 100% right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would give myself a B for last quarter. I work hard but not every single day. I am working to change this for quarter 2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I"M A B ALMOST C

    I work hard when i do work but i don't work everyday

    ~Noah Spielman

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd give me self a B, cause i went hard most of the time, but i would take it easy on days when i was tired, had a hard practice after etc

    Will quackenbush

    ReplyDelete