Monday, February 14, 2011

Period 8 Weight Training Goals

"Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success."
                                                                                                     Stephen A. Brennan

We are getting to the end of a long series of assessments to see where you are in terms of strength and fitness.  We will be starting our regular workout program soon, but first we need to set goals.  Setting goals can be a challenge for some because many people set goals without first considering what they really want most out of their training.  For example, programs will be very different for someone who wants to look good in a bathing suit and be as healthy as possible compared to the someone who aspires to play varsity athletics or compete an any number of sports.

For this weeks blog, let me know what you want out of your time in the weight training class.  What are you working towards?  Is it health and longevity, athletic aspirations, pure vanity, or anything else?  Figure what you want most out of the class and let me know in this weeks blog comment.  We will set your goals and your program based on that.

15 comments:

  1. I want to maintain my speed for track. Weight training is a supplement to track workouts that let me maintain my speed. I also lift weights for the numerous health benefits.

    Seth Margolis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get faster and build more muscle.
    Chris K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get stronger in this class so I can be more competitve in my wrestling macths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to get stronger overall, improve my endurance, to be more generally fit, to prepare myself to stay fit in college, and build explosiveness and overall athleticism, so that I can do more, regardless of what it is. (Become stronger in practical/functional areas.)

    ~Voss

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goal and what I want to get out of this class is more muscle mass and to become a better runner
    Chris jones

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to be a stronger person both physically and mentally and I want to have more muscular endurance. I'm going to college next year and I want to feel like I'm as strong as the other guys around me if not stronger.
    -Micah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to get stronger because it feels good. It also helps me maintain a healthy lifestyle of working out and keeping in shape. Lastly, it allows me to set goals and accomplish them.
    -Alec Jasen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to work to get big for football but now that my career is over, I would like to just stay in shape and be healthy, convert my fat into muscle.

    Michael Castelli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kevin Mooney
    I want to gain more explosion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Savaughn "i am NOT gay" Thompson
    i wanna get a sweet bod so maybe i can get a chick

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to become stronger so i am ready for lacrosse season
    -Mady Romm

    ReplyDelete
  12. i want to be stronger so i am better in all my sports.
    -Hannah King

    ReplyDelete
  13. i want to become stronger and more explosive on all types of lifts.

    NIck Wise

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to increase all aspects of my fitness. I want to be bigger, faster, stronger, and quicker. I am working towards playing football at the collegiate level. God willingly, when my college football days roll around I want to be completely good and ready for anything that comes at me. Oh, and a nice beach bod would be good too.

    - Sadiq Olanrewaju

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goal in this class is to stay in shape and build muscle

    -Olin Akisoglu

    ReplyDelete