Monday, October 26, 2009

Period 3 Blog 9 Macro Nutrients Explained

div>

Everything you eat can be classified into three primary macro nutrient categories. You have probably heard of them before they are, Carbohydrates, Proteins, and Fats. It is extremely important for a number of reasons that we will go into in the near future that you have a balance of each macro nutrient at every meal that you eat. Examples of the types of food for each macro nutrient are below.

Carbohydrates: Bread, Pasta, Rice, Cookies, Cakes, Cereals, Grains, Vegetables, and Fruits

Proteins: Meat, Poultry, Eggs, Fish, seafood, Peanut butter, Tofu, Powders

Fats: Oils, Nuts, Seeds, dressing

For this weeks blog I want you to look at your blog from last week and tell me if your breakfast has each of the macro nutrients in it. If it does great! You are doing your body a great service. If not, tell me what macro nutrients you are missing and what you could eat to balance out your breakfast.

17 comments:

  1. My breakfast had only carbs. I should eat some chicken and some nuts to have a mor balenced breakfast.

    Wesley Chan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carbohydrates: cereal,grapes/bananas,cookies, apple cake.
    Proteins: Omellett (or however you spell it), Oatmeal.
    Fats:none

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat A cliff bar everyday for breakfast so i have all my macronutrients.


    Taylor Van Neste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of sugar in those Cliff Bars Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. My breakfast had no marco nutrients in it because i dont eat breakfast. But i think maybe a peanut butter sandwhich would be a good thing to eat. It would have carbs and protien in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My breakfast includes only carbohydrates. Sometimes I'll have a chicken bake which has the marco nutrients but contains too many sodium.

    Charles Li.
    BTW still didn't get credit for that graph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carbs-cereal, grapes, bananas
    protein-milk,and eggs
    No fatt
    Kevin Roman

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always eat different types of fruits, sometimes apple, bananas, and oranges. i have my carbohydartes , but the missing marco nutrients would be the proteins and fats, i would probably be eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich for Proteins and maybe some nuts or seeds for fats. -Cornelius Waiman

    ReplyDelete
  9. I eat a peanutbutter butter and jelly bagel everyday for breakfast with a glass of milk it is a health balance of macronutrients
    -Mark Sokolsky

    ReplyDelete
  10. My breakfast almost always has carbs (toast,cereal) and sometimes I'll eat protein (eggs), but i could use more fats sometimes when i eat breakfast.
    Matthew Beinart

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually dont eat breakfast, but if I do I eat fruits like, Apple and banana.

    Michael Bae

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carbohydrates: Bread, Pasta, Rice, Fruits( bananas mostly) .
    Proteins: Meat(chicken) , eggs, fish.
    Fats: Nuts.

    Arthur Chumakov

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not eating any fats so I could start eating nuts with breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carbs- bagel
    Proteins- turkey bacon, eggs
    Fats- i have few fats in my breakfast. Every once in a while i will have regular bacon but i do need to have some more fats in my breakfast.

    Alex Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. carbs- bagel and toast
    proteins- sausage
    fats- doughnut, cinnamon bun

    Jack connelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. --doing this so my first quarter grade is an A--
    carbs-cereal
    protein- eggs
    thats all i ever eat
    darian par

    ReplyDelete
  17. along with my toast i could have eggs and some peanuts.

    evan treworgy

    ReplyDelete