Monday, October 19, 2009

Period 7 Weight Training Blog 8 Nutrition

Through the process of studying fitness for the past 13 or so years I have noticed that making improvements in ones fitness involves a focus in three main categories. Those categories are nutrition, exercise and recovery. All are vital and must be addressed as part of any well planned fitness program, but nutrition has risen to the top as the single most important factor affecting your health and fitness. We will spend the next few posts addressing this aspect of fitness.

We eat food for several reasons, emotional, social, physical, etc. sometimes we eat for no reason at all. I want you to try to change the way you think about food, at least for the next few weeks. I want you to think about food as fuel that runs your body. Just like a car, the quality of fuel you put in determines the quality of performance you get out. We will dig much deeper into this the next few weeks, but for now just start to think each time you put something into your mouth to eat, is it good fuel or bad fuel?

For this weeks blog we are going to start with breakfast. I want you to do two things for your post first let me know whether you eat breakfast or not and if you do, what does a normal school day breakfast look like for you?

18 comments:

  1. I eat a breakfast containing two eggs, two slices of bread, one cup of orange juice, and one cup of milk.

    -Eric Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I eat breakfast.

    I usually eat one piece of fruit (banana, strawberries, apple) and one other main item (bowl of milk and cereal, toast and jam).

    My cereal is almost always frosted mini-wheats.

    -Tim Lenardo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I eat breakfast. I have cereal, a bagel, oj, and some fruit on a normal school day.

    -Matt Bourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. i eat breakfast sometimes if i do..i would drink a bottle of oj and eat some kind of granola bar or something

    Nick Wise

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I eat breakfast it usually consists of toast, or cereal.
    -andrew Devine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I eat breakfast every. Usually 3 or 4 bowls of cereal (smart start, mini wheats or bran flakes) and a glass of orange juice

    -grimm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I eat breakfast. If I have enough time I eat cereal or a bagel. However most of the time I dont so I eat the healthy breakfast bars.

    -David Sureff

    ReplyDelete
  8. I eat a breakfast consisting of boiled eggs or a bagel and iced (unsweetened) tea.

    -Dimitri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I eat breakfast most of the time but sometimes I just don't feel like eating in the morning. When I do eat breakfast it is always small such as a piece of bread with chunky peanut butter or a granola bar.

    -Micah Johnstone

    ReplyDelete
  10. I eat breakfast. I eat an egg a cup of milk and a tost.

    Harris Tsinas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually eat a protein/nutrition drink and sometimes half a bagel or a piece of fruit because i don't have much time to sit down and eat an actual meal
    -Max Goldschein

    ReplyDelete
  12. my breakfast is usually either a bagel or eggs with some juice

    -Curt Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  13. For Breakfeast i eat eggs and OJ with a bowl of fruit.

    -Greg Potemken

    ReplyDelete
  14. for breakfast i eat cereal

    eric song

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes I do eat breakfast

    and for breakfast I usually eat a fruit, and a bowl of milk and cereal; though sometimes it depends (sometimes i eat breakfast at school)


    JANSEN VERA

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes i eat breakfast
    i usually drink a glass of milk or oj and i eat a bowl of cereal

    Steven Rubin

    ReplyDelete
  17. for breakfast i eat oatmeal and have a breakfast shake

    -Jason Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't eat breakfast

    ReplyDelete