Monday, October 26, 2009

Period 5 Blog 9 Macro Nutrients Explained

div>

Everything you eat can be classified into three primary macro nutrient categories. You have probably heard of them before they are, Carbohydrates, Proteins, and Fats. It is extremely important for a number of reasons that we will go into in the near future that you have a balance of each macro nutrient at every meal that you eat. Examples of the types of food for each macro nutrient are below.

Carbohydrates: Bread, Pasta, Rice, Cookies, Cakes, Cereals, Grains, Vegetables, and Fruits

Proteins: Meat, Poultry, Eggs, Fish, seafood, Peanut butter, Tofu, Powders

Fats: Oils, Nuts, Seeds, dressing

For this weeks blog I want you to look at your blog from last week and tell me if your breakfast has each of the macro nutrients in it. If it does great! You are doing your body a great service. If not, tell me what macro nutrients you are missing and what you could eat to balance out your breakfast.

19 comments:

  1. David Chan-
    I could start eating a breakfast and eat cereal, an egg, and a few nuts

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i eat fruit loops for breakfast.
    that has carbohydrates. YUMMM

    Sam Lansat

    ReplyDelete
  3. i eat cereal and occasionally a bagel with seeds so im having a good breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My breakfast is usually completely different every day, but it's mostly leftovers from the night before, and has the nutrients of a normal meal.

    Andy Pham

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex Kern -
    I could start eating cereal, milk, and an apple each morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm missing protein and fats, so I could eat an egg or two to get that in.

    -Vinay Mallikaarjun

    ReplyDelete
  7. My breakfast from last week was cereal with a cup of milk. Cereal is a carbohydrate. But I am missing protein and fat. So I could maybe change my habit into having bread with eggs and some nuts.

    Keyan Javadi

    ReplyDelete
  8. i eat ceral,eggs,and meat,all full of protine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiba mohiuddin-
    I have cereal every morning, maybe i can start eating a bagel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have Toast with peanut butter and a hard boiled egg

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could start eating an egg and maybe a bagel and some nuts.
    -Katharine Kong

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dont have protein so i'm going to start to eat eggs along with cereal and or sausage, banana and glass of orange juice

    Loryn Chen

    ReplyDelete
  13. i eat whole grain bread with peanut butter so i am eating a good breakfast

    - Anirudh Sridhar

    ReplyDelete
  14. poppy seed bagel with egg
    poppy seed-fat
    bagel-carbohydrate
    egg-protein
    Sam cheng

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess i have to eat more eggs and chicken to balance my diet.
    Arhur Chumakov.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i sometimes dont have breakfast but now ill eat like a cereal and a banana with nuts
    -fabian benavides

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have too many carbs, so possibly a bagel with seeds and peanut butter would be good for balance
    -Ann Chen

    ReplyDelete
  18. i don't eat breakfest sooooooooo i guess i could eat fruits in the morning DAVID NEBB

    ReplyDelete
  19. I normally have some bread with a little bit of meat in it, I also have a cup of milk in the morning to start it off.
    NANCY CHENG

    ReplyDelete