Monday, January 4, 2010

Period 3 Blog 2.7 Dealing with stress

Welcome back! A great way to deal with stress is a two week vacation! So now that you are all relaxed, we will ramp up the stress with the reminder that finals are just two weeks away. We have already started the process of dealing with stress by identifying what it is that causes us stress. Some things we have control over and can eliminate them from our lives, but some, like school, we have to deal with. Below are some ways of dealing with stress. The idea is that you take some time to free your mind from the things that are causing you stress, so that you can than go at them with a fresh perspective. For your first blog of 2010. Let me know me know which of the ways of dealing with stress below would work for you. if none of them sound like the would help you relax, let me know something that you could do to free your mind and relax.

You knew I would have to start with exercise. We all know excercise makes us feel better, but how often do we really do it when we most need to? Excercise releases tension and actually energizes us. Some other examples of healthy responses to stress are playing music, expressive arts, dance, self-defense courses, running, taking time out, 10 deep breaths, a long bath, a good book. These are all ways to beat stress and win back our quality of life.

11 comments:

  1. the ways that help me deal with stress are the things like doing nothing and relaxing when i get home because i usually finish my hw at school because i do them during my classes during the day. another way for me to deal with stress is to sometimes do a lot of lifting during weight training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, dealing with stress would be to kick back and enjoy some really chill music. I also just started watching the old Star Trek episodes and they seem to have me pretty interested and relaxed.

    ~Allen Hai

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a couple things that would work with me to relieve stress. I do enjoy reading books, and taking a bath.

    Wesley chan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exercise and sports help me deal with my stress. Especially wrestling

    Alex Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. To deal with stress, I listen to music, draw, or play basketball/football with friends.
    -Kevin Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listen to alot of music, lift, play bball or football. also just have a good time with friends

    Kevin ROman

    ReplyDelete
  7. best way for me is to listen to music or to talk to friends
    -darian parsadoust

    ReplyDelete
  8. When i get stressed i listen to music and i go to bed early.

    Mitchell Myers

    ReplyDelete
  9. when i get stressed i listen to music, either play outside wit some friends or just sleep.
    -Cornelius Waiman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whenever i get stressed I like to just relax and unwind by listening to music, taking a nap, or just watching some tv.

    Matthew Beinart

    ReplyDelete
  11. when i get stressed i like to play basketball and listen to music
    -Mark Sokolsky

    ReplyDelete