Monday, January 4, 2010

Period 7 Blod 2.7 Dealing with stress

Welcome back! A great way to deal with stress is a two week vacation! So now that you are all relaxed, we will ramp up the stress with the reminder that finals are just two weeks away. We have already started the process of dealing with stress by identifying what it is that causes us stress. Some things we have control over and can eliminate them from our lives, but some, like school, we have to deal with. Below are some ways of dealing with stress. The idea is that you take some time to free your mind from the things that are causing you stress, so that you can than go at them with a fresh perspective. For your first blog of 2010. Let me know me know which of the ways of dealing with stress below would work for you. if none of them sound like the would help you relax, let me know something that you could do to free your mind and relax.

You knew I would have to start with exercise. We all know excercise makes us feel better, but how often do we really do it when we most need to? Excercise releases tension and actually energizes us. Some other examples of healthy responses to stress are playing music, expressive arts, dance, self-defense courses, running, taking time out, 10 deep breaths, a long bath, a good book. These are all ways to beat stress and win back our quality of life.

18 comments:

  1. Mack Hollins

    Sleeping and music are my best stress relievers. Music helps me stop thinking about problems i am having and sleeping allows my body to be re-energized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, any sort of exersice, especially playing hockey helps me deal with stress and taking time out as well

    Steven Rubin

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I feel stressed out I lift weights and just make sure that I break a sweat. Also blasting music very loudly when I am stressed helps to calm me.

    -Micah Johnstone

    ReplyDelete
  4. playing music, self-defense courses, running, a long bath, exercise, yoga

    -Eric Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I feel stressed out usually any sort of exersice, listening to music, and sleeping

    -David Sureff

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really just love doing expressive arts, dance classes, and taking deep breaths to relieve stess
    -Max Goldschein

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doing the assignment that is giving me stress helps me alleviate my stress. (not saying the things listed above are wrong)
    Dimitri

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nap is usually the best way for me to relieve stress. Working out, playing lacrosse, and listening to/making music are other good alternatives for me.

    -Tim Lenardo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sleeping, listening to music, running, and sports help me relieve my stress
    - Andrew Devine

    ReplyDelete
  10. music playing football and sleeping help me relieve stress. When i go to sleep and i wake up i forget about what was stressing me

    -sam zacks

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I'm stressed listening to music, any type of workout out or exercise and long showers help me relax.

    -Ben Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weight lifting and sleep helps me manage my stress

    Harris Tsinas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Playing sports, playing music, and taking 10 deep breaths help me to relax.

    Matt Bourne

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like to sleep and listen to music and run a bit to deal with my stress

    Nick Wise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exercising and laying down relaxs me

    Eric Song

    ReplyDelete
  16. Playing sports,running, playing and listening to music, and just relaxing all help me relax and relieve stress

    Max Langworthy

    ReplyDelete
  17. my strees relivers are playing sports relaxing and listening to music.
    -Denell Hammond

    ReplyDelete
  18. Usually playing soccer and doing some exercise, listening to music but definitely exercising is a way a use to just give it all,and get those bad or stressing thinking off my mind.


    JANSEN VERA

    ReplyDelete